The ball just dropped in Times Square. There’s no time like the present to jump in and begin a new challenge. How many times have you put something off because you are not “ready?” I recall mornings when I rose early to swim in the open water, training for a triathlon. I was never a strong swimmer. The water was cold and I kept imagining bumping into slimy fish or drowning out where no one would find me. I would stand at the edge of the dock for several minutes, tempting myself to turn around and go back inside. It took a lot of courage to finally jump in.
So here I go – jumping into an experience, though I don’t feel quite ready. After reading this post yesterday, I confirmed that I need to have faith in my ability to “learn as I go.” The discomfort of starting something new is balanced by Oliver’s observation that “if you’re worried you don’t measure up, that could well be a sign that you do.”
This space will be a place for reflections, lessons, and stories that revolve around life as I want to live it: with tender loving care. Perhaps having this goal will inspire me to be more mindful about how I live my daily life, and will inspire others to do the same. And, hopefully you will share your thoughts, feedback and ideas here as well for further inspiration.
I will also explore some aspects of life as a business owner/entrepreneur and WordPress website creator. This has become an important part of my daily life, so is often the focus of my thoughts.
Since this is my first post and the first moments of a new year, I am going to list a few New Year’s Resolutions. What resolutions are you making for 2015?
- Start & continue blog
- Continue wellness challenges (http://wholelifechallenge.com and http://bodybyginny.com)
- Plan and execute at least one family meal per week
- Stop looking at Facebook at night before I go to bed
- Take one half day weekday per week to do something non-work related
- Learn git and commit to using desktop server for web development
- Learn more php and js coding
- Expand network of WordPress connections, grow twitter and blog followers
- Volunteer once a month at the local Women’s shelter
- Commit to donating food on a monthly basis to the local food pantry
- When skills allow, spend time on WordPress forums to help answer questions
Thank you for checking out my first (an hopefully not last!) blog post. Best wishes for 2015.